Symptoms of Coolant System Failure
As a fleet owner, don’t ignore the signs of a failing coolant system—it can lead to engine overheating, poor fuel efficiency, and other severe engine problems. Here are some common symptoms of coolant system damage that you should watch out for:
- Engine overheating
- Coolant leaks
- Reduced engine performance
- Corrosion or rust buildup
- Unusual coolant odor or color
- Increased engine noise
- Coolant warning light on your dashboard
If you notice these symptoms, bring your truck to our experts immediately. We’ll get it fixed in no time.
Common Coolant System Damages
The coolant system is an advanced system that consists of various components, and any malfunction can result in damage across the engine’s components. Here are some of the most common coolant system damages that we encounter at Elite Truck & Fleet Service:
- Leaks: Leaks can occur due to worn-out hoses, damaged water pumps, or faulty radiators.
- Clogs: The buildup of rust, dirt, or other particles can restrict coolant flow.
- Corrosion: Corrosion can cause damage to the radiator, water pump, and other coolant system components due to the use of improper coolant or insufficient maintenance.
- Coolant contamination: Coolant can become contaminated due to a head gasket leak or oil cooler failure, leading to a loss of engine performance.
- Fan clutch failure: A malfunctioning fan clutch can cause the engine to overheat.
- Thermostat failure: A failed thermostat can cause the engine to overheat or run too cool.
- Water pump failure: A failed pump can cause an engine to overheat by failing to circulate coolant through the cooling system.
Our Coolant System Repair Service
At Elite Truck & Fleet Service, we have a team of certified technicians who specialize in coolant system repairs for all makes and models of diesel trucks. Our comprehensive coolant system repair service includes:
- Coolant flush and refill
- Radiator repair or replacement
- Water pump repair or replacement
- Thermostat replacement
- Fan clutch repair or replacement
- Hose replacement
- Coolant leak repair
- Corrosion removal and prevention
We use high-quality replacement parts and follow industry-standard procedures to restore your coolant system to proper working order.
Don't let coolant system damages compromise your truck's performance and safety. Contact Elite Truck & Fleet Service today to schedule your coolant system repair service.